Colourful Roses

Colourful Roses
Roses

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Oh God too excited The Neptunes are making a follow up to The Clones


Anyone who reads my blog will know I'm a massive NERD and Pharrell Williams fan and obviously that makes me a Neptunes fan but as of late the Neptunes for me have gone a bit of the radar and maybe this is a good thing. I remember reading an interview with Pharrell a while ago and he said something about giving the production a back seat for a while. I think they needed to take a break from it maybe get some new inspiration, a new hunger just like they did with Nothing the latest NERD album.

When they released The Neptunes presents the Clones way back in 2003 it was at the height of their fame and every record out there was a Neptunes record. They were so fresh and new and completely left field while everybody else was staying right. Imagine now with the kind of artists who would feature on it. As much as I'm not really a fan of Lady Gaga  I do think she would be crazy (in a good way) on a Neptunes production. Id love to see the likes of Nicki Minaj, Kanye West, Amy Winehouse, Rihanna, Florence and the machine and Lupe Fiasco just to name a few featured on there, these are the kinds of artist who weren't around 8 years ago.

Lets just hope theres no Justin Biebers or Katy Perrys featured on there.

No comments:

Post a Comment