Colourful Roses

Colourful Roses
Roses

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Its a sad day for music when Katy Perry gets nominated for the Grammys Album of the year


Seriously Grammy judges? Really Katy Perry had one of the albums of the year? Now I can honestly say I have not heard her album 'Teenage dream' and I dont ever plan on listening to it to be honest I dont think Im missing much either. Perry is one of those flash in the pan artist whos around for a bit but doesnt last the distance, as a friend of mine said after watching her perform awfuly on the X factor "who in ten years will be saying where is Katy Perry I cant wait to hear a new album of hers".  I can imagine her going into acting or tv presenting just not sticking around in music.

But back to the grammys shes up against the likes of Eminem, Arcade fire and two artists with Lady in their names. Is Perrys album really one of the best albums of the year? Will it be played even five years from now probably not. Where are the great albums of the year from females like Janelle Monae or Florence and the machine? I dont understand this at all she has no business in this category whatever about being nominated for best pop/vocal album that is the kind of category she belongs in with the likes of Justin Bieber.

No comments:

Post a Comment