Colourful Roses

Colourful Roses
Roses

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

New Amy Winehouse Track 'Its my party' cover



Amy Winehouse - It's My Party (feat. Quincy Jones)

Amy Winehouse is back with a cover of Lesley Gore's "It's My Party" feat Quincy Jones. She worked on this track with Mark Ronson. I was super excited when I heard about it after the success of their collaboration on Valerie. So some how I have only stumbled across it today and I don't know if I'm really liking it. I feel a bit underwhelmed. I love the original and I thought Amy would sound great covering it but I think she sounds a bit all over the place on it (please say its not the drugs again Amy) I know that this is Amy's style from seeing footage of her singing live can be a bit 'uncomfortable' at times. But I'm just glad shes back and I cant wait to hear a full album from her. Back to Black is still a classic and always will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment